Jan. 19-26 or Jan. 26-Feb. 2, 2014 in Lakeland, Florida
Featuring the 30th Anniversary Reunion
of the 1984 World Series Champions
Camp is available to men and women 21 years old and up
(18 and older as guests).
Call Jerry Lewis at (313)471-2550 or click on the Register Now button below.
- Roundtrip airfare (from Detroit) and airport transfers to and from Tampa airport
- Room and board (double occupancy) for 8 days / 7 nights (private rooms also available for an additional charge)
- Meals in Tigertown cafeteria
- Tigers merchandise discount card valid at The D Shop at Comerica Park
- Pre-camp batting practice at Comerica Park
- Personalized authentic home and away Detroit Tigers uniforms (yours to keep)
- Play games against the New York Yankees Fantasy Camp (Week 1) or Baltimore Orioles Fantasy Camp (Week 2)
- A "Fantasy Game" with former Tigers greats at Joker Marchant Stadium
- Personal clubhouse locker for the week
- "Photograph Day" and "Autograph Night"
- Special gifts
- A night game played "Under The Lights"
- Special clinics with Lou Whitaker and Tigers pitching coach Jeff Jones
- "Salute to 1984" banquet
- Membership in the Tigers Fantasy Camp Alumni Club Luncheons, Dinners, Opening Day Party, Newsletter
- Plus...you'll be invited to Fantasy Camp Night at Comerica Park to participate in the on-field ceremony prior to a Detroit Tigers game. One camper will have the opportunity to throw out the ceremonial first pitch!
Special clinics with Lou Whitaker and Tigers pitching coach Jeff Jones
Costs & Add-onsFantasy Camp Cost: $3,595* ($3,645* if deposit made online)
- Deposit of $1,000* at the time of RSVP** ($1,050* if deposit is made online)
- Full payment is due December 1, 2013.
Optional credits and charges:
Airfare: If the Fantasy Camper does not require flight arrangements, a $200 credit will be issued.
Airfare is sold out for the first & second week of Fantasy Camp
Private Room: If you would like a private room, a $400 charge will be added upon the base charge.
Guest Package: If the guest package is selected by the Fantasy Camper to accommodate a spouse or friend, an additional charge of $1,500 will be added upon the base charge at the time of RSVP.
*Plus Florida Sales Tax ** Deposit non-refundable after 11/1/13. $500 deposit required for each non-playing guest.
For additional information, please contact Jerry Lewis at (313) 471-2550.
The Detroit Tigers Fantasy Camp Guest Package offers the Fantasy Camper's guest (wife, friend, sibling, etc.) a chance to enjoy the week's program.The $1,500 package includes:
- Double occupancy with Fantasy Camp participant. (Single room extra, if preferred)
- Round trip airfare
- Ground transportation from airport to hotel
Airfare is sold out for the first & second week of Fantasy Camp
- Lunch and dinner for the duration of the week
- Photograph and Autograph Days
Guest Packages require a $500 down payment, and must be confirmed by November 1, 2013 to insure both parties can fly together. Please contact Jerry Lewis (313)471-2550 to add on guest packages to your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Detroit Tigers Fantasy Camp?
A: The Detroit Tigers Fantasy Camp is a week-long baseball training camp located in the Tigers' very own Spring Training grounds in Lakeland, Florida. Campers will spend the week alongside former Tigers greats improving their baseball game through coaching, training, instruction and real games, complete with a playoff series and championship. Potential Fantasy Campers must be age 21 or above.
Q: What is the average age and skill level of a Fantasy Camp participant?
A: Anyone 21 years of age or older is welcome. Our current oldest camper is 83. The age range of our participants averages between 40 and 50. Because no baseball skill or experience is required to be a Fantasy Camper, the skill levels vary. However, regardless of their skill level, all of the Fantasy Campers have fun while competing.
Q: Are there any women that participate in the Detroit Tigers Fantasy Camp?
A: 5% of our camps are composed of women participants.
Q: Am I required to live in Michigan to take part in the Tigers Fantasy Camp?
A: Absolutely not. 30% of our campers DO NOT live in the state of Michigan.
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: Very little. Participants should just bring their own gloves, rubber or metal cleats, and, if they desire, their own wooden bat. However, quality wooden bats will be provided upon arrival to the Spring Training grounds. At some games, the use of aluminum bats will be permitted. Details will be announced during orientation.
Q: What will I receive for my $3,595?
A: See the Detroit Tigers Fantasy Camp Package section of the web page for a full listing.
Q: What is the appropriate dress while attending Fantasy Camp?
A: The Fantasy Campers will be dressed in their authentic uniforms for most of the day. All other dress is casual: khakis, golf shirts, jeans, etc. Dress for the banquets and ceremonies is casual as well; however, we ask that participants refrain from wearing shorts.
Q: How is the double occupancy system taken care of for the hotel rooms?
A: All rooms are double occupancy, with single rooms available at an additional charge. Roommates are paired according to request, smoking preference and age.
Q: Do I need a rental car?
A: All ground transportation is provided for your convenience. Local restaurants and stores are located within walking distance of the hotel.
Q: How far is Lakeland from either Orlando or Tampa Bay Airports?
A: The Orlando airport is just over an hour's drive, while the Tampa Bay Airport is about a 45 minute drive.
Q: How do I make sure that my uniform will fit correctly?
A: Rule of thumb is your sport coat size equates to your uniform jersey size, while standard waist and inseam measurements equate to your uniform pant size. Before you submit your measurements, we encourage you to try on various fits for baseball jerseys, to avoid potential discomfort.
Q: What types of additional packages are offered if my wife or friend would like to come for the entire week?
A: We offer a special Guest Package for the additional cost of $1,500, which includes a single room (or sharing a double occupancy should that be preferred), round-trip airfare, ground transportation from the airport to the Spring Training grounds, lunch, dinner, and tickets to the championship game and award banquet. Fantasy Camp Guest packages must be confirmed no later than December.
Q: I wish to make my own travel arrangements. Will I receive a rebate from the base cost?
A: Our airfare costs are based on flights from Detroit to Tampa Bay airport. The flight rate accordingly is $200 per person, which is the maximum rebate we can allow.
Q: Are there any discounts available?
A: If you are an alumnus Fantasy Camper, you will receive a $300 deduction to the base price of $3,595.
Q: Would I be allowed to bring my own camera for personal pictures?
A: Yes, we encourage you to bring your own camera and take pictures with the pros as much as you desire.