Phillies Press Release
Hundreds of singers to compete in first-ever Phillies "R U Game? Talent Search" on Saturday
Local fans to showcase their talent for judges at Citizens Bank Park
WHAT: Hundreds of talented singers in the Delaware Valley will have their chance to prove that they have what it takes to sing the national anthem at a 2014 Phillies game.
Fans, in groups of one to five, will sing the national anthem a cappella for a panel of judges at Citizens Bank Park at the first-ever Phillies "R U Game? Talent Search."
Among those trying out include:
- Professional recording artists and back-up singers who have performed with Kelly Clarkson and opened for country artist Jimmy Wayne
- Classically trained opera singers
- Marine (74-years-old) who sang the national anthem at Veterans Stadium in 2001
- Former prospects for NBC's The Voice
- Singers who have sung the nation anthem for Phillies minor league affiliates, the Reading Fightins and Lehigh Valley IronPigs, and are now trying to make it to the big leagues
- Former anthem performers for Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles, Camden Riversharks and Temple Owls men's basketball
- Singers who have NEVER performed in public before
- Former FOX29 X-Factor contest participant
- Finalist of FOX's Master Chef
WHEN: Saturday, March 8, 2014
8:15 a.m. Registration opens, VIP Home Plate Lobby on Pattison Avenue
9:00 a.m. Auditions begin, Media Interview Room & Phillies Batting Cages
WHERE:Diamond Club, Media Interview Room & Batting Cage Areas, Citizens Bank Park
MORE: From the pool of contestants, the judges will select a group of 15 finalists to return for the Final Audition Round on Sunday, March 30, 2014 to sing the national anthem on-field using the ballpark sound system.
One lucky winner will receive the grand prize, the chance to sing the national anthem prior to the 7:05 p.m. Phillies vs New York Mets game on Wednesday, April 30. Four runners up will also be chosen to sing God Bless America at one of the following 2014 Phillies games: May 25, June 29, August 10 and August 24.