Two of the most storied English Premier League clubs, Chelsea FC and Manchester City, will travel to the United States to play an exhibition match at Busch Stadium on Thursday, May 23rd. This is the first professional, non-baseball sporting event hosted at the new Busch Stadium.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Crossbar Challenge Promotion ("Promotion") is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in Missouri, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Cardinals Ballpark, LLC ("Sponsor"), St. Louis Cardinals, LLC, Relevent Sports, LLC, RSE Ventures, LLC, the MLB Entities and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and the advertising, fulfillment, and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, "Promotion Parties"), and the immediate family members of each of the same. The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P., Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs, Tickets.com, Inc., SportsOnEarth, LLC and each of their subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Major League Baseball Clubs or the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of the above entities.
2. TO ENTER: You may enter by receiving a scratch off ticket for the Promotion. By receiving a scratch off ticket, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 (the "Event Date"), scratch off tickets will be distributed (a) beginning at approximately 5:00 p.m. Central time at the entry gates of Busch Stadium to each person attending the practice session of the Chelsea soccer team (the "Event") at the Stadium on the Event Date, and (b) in the Stadium lobby at 420 S. 8th St., St. Louis, MO 63102 (the "Stadium Lobby") between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Central time on the Event Date (no ticket to the Event or other purchase necessary). Up to five (5) of the scratch off tickets distributed will provide the holder of such ticket (the "finalists") with an opportunity to go onto the playing field at the Stadium and be matched up with a soccer player participating in a soccer skills contest during the Event. Each finalist must be present in the Stadium Lobby at 7:00 p.m. Central time on the Event Date to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The finalists will be escorted onto the playing field at the Stadium during the soccer skills contest. The finalist matched up with the player that wins the soccer skills contest will be the Grand Prize Winner of this Promotion (the "winner").
3. PRIZE DETAILS: Grand Prize (1): Trip for two (2) people to London, England to attend a soccer match at Stanford Bridge Stadium in which the Chelsea soccer team of the English Premier League will participate during the 2013-2014 regular season, including costs for round trip coach airfare between St. Louis, Missouri and London, England, hotel accommodations, and transportation between the hotel and Stanford Bridge Stadium. All other expenses not specified herein are solely the winner's responsibility. Game and seat locations to be determined by Sponsor and are subject to availability and change. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): up to $5,000. Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (selected from all remaining eligible finalists). Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
Winner's guests must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. English Premier League (the "EPL") game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the EPL and/or the participating teams, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as prizes will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by the EPL, is not played due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable stadium regulations in connection with the prize. The participating teams and/or the EPL reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Sponsor and the other Promotion Parties will not be responsible for acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside of their control that may cause the cancellation of EPL games, exhibitions or events.
4. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees (a) to release Sponsor, the MLB Entities and the other Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Promotion; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, recipient (a) agrees that MLB Entities, Sponsor and the other Promotion Parties, participating sponsors, the EPL, and the participating teams, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrant against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm such grant in writing promptly upon request) to MLB Entities, Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor's authority, and each of their respective designees the right to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements, biographical information at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation or consideration, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor, MLB Entities, and the other Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Promotion is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of the prize is permitted. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. If the prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, and disqualify any individual who is responsible for such action. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winner from among all eligible entrants. This Promotion is offered only to Missouri residents and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By participating in the Promotion, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the applicable federal, state and local courts in St. Louis, Missouri. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
6. PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AND DOCUMENTATION: If winner is unable to accept the prize as stated, or if winner is otherwise disqualified, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner who will be selected from among all remaining eligible entrants. Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within three (3) days of prize notification. Winner's guest, or the parent/guardian of any guest under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction, will be required to complete, sign and return a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within the same time period. If winner's documents are not returned, as stated by Sponsor, within the required number of days, the prize will be selected from among all remaining eligible entrants.
7. WINNER'S LIST: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 15, 2013 to: Crossbar Challenge Promotion Winner's List, 700 Clark Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63102, Attention: Event Services Department.
8. SPONSOR: Cardinals Ballpark, LLC, 700 Clark Street, St. Louis, MO 63102.