Dave Clark - Third Base Coach #25
Joins Brad Ausmus' coaching staff for the 2014 season as the club's third base coach / outfield instructor.
• Prior to joining the Tigers, he spent five seasons with the Houston Astros as their first base coach (2013) and third base coach (2009-12).
• Acted as the Astros interim manager for the final 13 games of the 2009 season...also managed the Licey Tigers in the Dominican Winter League in 2010-11.
• Spent six seasons as a minor league manager (2003-08), winning two league titles, while twice being named Manager of the Year.
• Began his coaching career in 2000 as the hitting coach for the AAA Nashville Sounds...also spent two seasons (2001-02) as the Pirates major league hitting coach.
• Played 13 seasons at the major league level with the Indians (1986-89), Cubs (1990, 1997), Royals (1991), Pirates (1992-96), Dodgers (1996) and Astros (1998).
• Originally selected by the Cleveland Indians in the first round (11th overall) of the 1983 June draft.
• Attended Jackson (MS) State University where he was the team's MVP and top hitter in both 1982 and 1983...inducted into the Jackson State Sports Hall of Fame in November, 2000.
• His brother, Louis, played seven years in the NFL with Seattle (1987-93) and Green Bay (1994) and currently serves as the director of pro personnel for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
• Actively participates in the Tigers Winter Caravan.
• He and his wife, Vivian, have two daughters, Meki (28) and Kiki (26)...they reside in Collierville, TN in the offseason.